Monday, August 26, 2013

Freaking out a bit

So I posted earlier that I was having some port pain. I was a single/or two incision patient so my port is right above my belly button. 

Well, fast forward to tonight and there is a foul smelling oozing type pus (sorry so gross, I know) 
coming from my belly button. I called my doc and he said my band (worse case scenario) might have eroded. I have already have had lots of tears and crying tonight (btw-I'm not a cryer) and I'm going to see him for flouro and appt. on Wednesday. 

I'm really hoping its just some weird infection but my recent gaining of weight isn't helping to ease my mind. My doctor who I really like didn't want to alarm me but basically said removal is the worst case scenario. Not sure what to think as I was a self pay patient but no idea what my insurance would cover for removal or revision or whatever so panicking about that too. 

Thanks for listening. Stay tuned. And please send positive vibes my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment